Today’s post is simple but a good reminder of the God’s power, a power that is might to save!
Paul states in Romans 1:16: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.” The gospel is the power of God for all who believe!
Paul first experienced this power for himself on the Damascus Road, but this power is not limited to certain believers. The Bible lists many blessings at the moment of trusting Christ. Here are five changes that occur whenever people trust in Him:
- Their eyes are opened—Believers are no longer spiritually blind (John 9:39).
- They are turned from darkness to light—Christians no longer live in the kingdom of darkness, but are citizens of the kingdom of light (1 Thess. 5:5).
- They are turned from the power of Satan to God—Believers are no longer under the control of Satan, but belong to God (1 John 5:19).
- They receive forgiveness of sins—The past, present, and future sins of Christians are forgiven (Col. 1:14).
- They receive an inheritance among those who are sanctified—Believers are “set apart” to receive future reward (1 Pet. 1:4).