David Souther (EvanTell President) and Larry Moyer (EvanTell Founder and CEO) talk about reaching your relatives during the holidays.
In this 24-minute episode, David and Larry discuss:
- The challenge of sharing Christ with family members during the holidays.
- Three things not to do when sharing Christ with family:
- Don’t let Satan intimidate you with your past.
- Don’t take God’s responsibilities on your shoulders.
- Don’t receive God’s forgiveness without extending yours.
- Tips for new believers who will be seeing family for the first time since becoming a Christian.
- Three things to do when sharing the gospel with family:
- Start with talking to God before talking to them.
- Learn a clear method of sharing your faith.
- Look for bridges to talk and interact with them.
- Navigating tricky timing situations during holiday gatherings.
- Looking for opportunities to get together with family members after an event is over.
- Suggestions for changing the conversation to spiritual things without awkward conversational transitions.
- Dealing with unresolved tension.
- What to do when family members have made it clear they don’t want to discuss religion.
- How it often easier to listen to the gospel from someone outside of the family.