David Souther (EvanTell President) and Larry Moyer (EvanTell Founder and CEO) take a look at a fourth common evangelism misconception: “Evangelism is not for me.”
In this 23-minute episode, David and Larry discuss:
- How you don’t need to have the “gift of evangelism” or a specific personality to share your faith.
- A proper understanding of the phrase “always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you” (1 Peter 3:15).
How to prepare yourself to share the gospel:
- Have a clear understanding of the gospel message.
- Take advantage of the opportunities God gives you.
- That more evangelism experiences are positive than negative.
- An example of one negative experience and how Larry responded.
- God’s greatest desire is that you give the declaration of the gospel, not a defense.
- Answering people who think evangelism must be confrontational.
- Advice for the person who feels awkward sharing their faith.
- The problem of spending too much time with fellow believers.