10 Ways to Share Hope with a Broken World
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.” (1 Peter 3:15)
Here at EvanTell we’re all about empowering Christians to share their faith through training, tools, and resources that present the gospel in clear, biblical, and positive way. Why? We want you to be prepared to share the hope of Christ with a broken world.
It’s not hard to invest some time in evangelism training. In just 80 minutes you can go through our online “Personal Evangelism” training for free.
But sometimes we struggle to find those individuals that need to hear this hope. It’s easy to get wrapped up in numerous church programs and Bible studies. Are the only people we hang out with fellow believers?
I encourage you to take some time brainstorming ways to reach out to your community. Here are a few to get you started!
Look for People Who Need Hope:
- Survey your town and identify places currently ministering to people (shelters, pregnancy resource centers, soup kitchens, etc.). Join them in their work.
- Sponsor a ministry or project through your Sunday School Class or small group.
- Volunteer in a reading program at your local library.
- Start a bible study in a nearby prison or homeless shelter.
- Get to know your neighbors and co-workers and reach out to them.
- Ask your pastor or another church leader for ideas. Then ask your neighbors.
- Pay attention to community news for ways to help. For example: If someone had a fire, provide them with needed items.
- Coach a little league team.
- Contact your local elementary school for volunteer opportunities or to donate school supplies and clothing to children in need.
- Interested in foster care but not able to take on a child full-time? Get certifed for “respite care” to assist foster parents with short term babysitting needs.
What are some of your ideas? We’d love to hear! Comment below with your best way to find people who need hope.
PO Box 703929
Dallas, TX 75370-3929