10 Ways to Share Hope with a Broken World
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.” (1 Peter 3:15)
Here at EvanTell we’re all about empowering Christians to share their faith through training, tools, and resources that present the gospel in clear, biblical, and positive way. Why? We want you to be prepared to share the hope of Christ with a broken world.
It’s not hard to invest some time in evangelism training. In a little over an hour, you can go through our online “Personal Evangelism” training for free.
But sometimes we struggle to find those individuals that need to hear this hope. It’s easy to get wrapped up in numerous church programs and Bible studies. Are the only people we hang out with fellow believers? If so, here are some ways to start surrounding yourself and engaging with non-believers near you.
- Volunteer at places currently serving the community (shelters, pregnancy resource centers, soup kitchens, etc.). Often times, the best way to reach someone is to work side-by-side with them. As you work with other volunteers, conversations simply start happening – and soon, you’ll find yourself discussing the things that matter most to you, which includes your relationship with Jesus!
- Sponsor a project through your Sunday School Class or small group. This is a great option for those who fell safer reaching others alongside a group of believers. Serving together builds relationships among each others and opens doors to reach others in the community.
- Volunteer in a reading program at your local library. This is a great option if your passionate about reading. You have a built in connection with everyone you encounter – they’ll love reading, too! So the topic of books and eventually the book you have found most helpful to you can come up quite naturally.
- Start a bible study in a nearby prison or homeless shelter. While this takes a bit more work, the experience can be more rewarding than you’ve ever imagined. Those who are incarcerated or without shelter can often be most open to the message of uptimate hope beyond this world found in the gospel.
- Get to know your neighbors and co-workers and reach out to them. Seem obvious when you think about ways to share your faith – but are you known as the Christ follower next door? Are you actively reaching co-workers for Christ?
- Ask your pastor or another church leader for ideas. Pastors and other church leaders are often an untapped resource that carry a wealth of ideas around how to reach others for Christ. They will likely jump at the opportunity to share some ideas with you.
- Coach a little league team. A perfect way to connect with others, especially if you have kids of your own. Coaching a team allows you the opportunity to be a Christian role model for kids and to engage with parents in a way that demonstrates your love for Christ.
Everyone is different and is surrounded by a unique environment. For that reason, we want to challenge you to come up with three more ideas no your own. Give it some serious thought and some prayer.
PO Box 703929
Dallas, TX 75370-3929